A new survey of 1,500 companies worldwide predicts strong growth in the use of hybrid cloud management tools over the next 24 months.
Research In Action continues to expand its leadership position in global IT and service management research with the release of six new Vendor Selection Matrix™ reports between May and July 2022:
• May 5: Vendor Selection Matrix™ observability platforms.
• June 14: AIOps Vendor Selection Matrix™ platforms.
• June 21: Vendor Selection Matrix™ Hybrid Cloud Cloud Discovery And Mapping Solutions.
• June 22: Vendor Selection Matrix™ Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Management Solutions.
Coming in July 2022:
• Vendor Selection Matrix™ hybrid cloud service management solutions.
• Vendor Selection Matrix™ hybrid cloud cost management solutions.
The Supplier Selection Matrix™ is a primarily survey-based methodology for evaluating suppliers, where 63% of the evaluation is based on a survey of corporate, marketing or business decision makers and 37% on the analyst’s opinion. The analyst’s contribution is fueled by a combination of intensive interviews with software or service providers and their customers, as well as their informed and independent perspective as an analyst. All of this combines to make the Research in Action Vendor Selection Matrix™ reports so unique. This approach is one of Research In Action’s main differentiators in market research. For this report, we surveyed 1,500 IT and enterprise business managers responsible for budgeting at companies around the world. We selected vendors with the highest review scores from buyers, but ignored those with less than 15 reviews. In the report, we find out not only why they are carrying out these projects, but also which software vendors are the most well-known and what business people think of these vendors’ products and services.
Dr. Thomas Mendel PH.D., Managing Director of Research In Action GmbH, comments:
• The almost unprecedented proliferation of hybrid clouds. The use of hybrid clouds in companies around the world has increased in recent years. Today, more than 93% of businesses worldwide use hybrid clouds. However, there are regional differences. North America leads the pack with 96.3% slightly ahead of Europe with 93.8% and Asia-Pacific lagging behind with 85%. Additionally, businesses around the world today use an average of four different public cloud platforms (eg, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud). Research In Action predicts that within 24 months, 99% of all businesses worldwide will be using hybrid clouds.
• Tracking strong growth in the use of hybrid cloud management tools over the next 24 months. While more than 93% of enterprises worldwide use hybrid clouds today, more than 40% of enterprises do not yet have hybrid cloud management tools in productive use. This, however, is about to change rapidly over the next 24 months. At that time, only about 1% of enterprises worldwide will not use any hybrid cloud management tool.
• Today there are four distinct markets for hybrid cloud management solutions. The needs of business buyers vary by business size, region and industry and have resulted in four distinct marketplaces. Many start-up vendors originally focused on public cloud management and are now adding private cloud management capabilities. For established infrastructure management and service providers, the journey goes the other way, adding public cloud management capabilities to the mix. Over time, today’s distinct markets will inevitably converge.
• Who won?
Here are the top vendors in Vendor Selection Matrix™ – Hybrid Cloud Discovery and Mapping Solutions: Global Top Vendors 2022 (listed alphabetically):
• SERVICE NOW
• SNOW SOFTWARE
• SOLAR WINDS
And here are the top vendors in the Vendor Selection Matrix™ – Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Management Solutions: The Best Global Vendors 2022 (listed in alphabetical order):
• CLOUD BLOW
• MORPHEUS DATA
• SOLAR WINDS
Vendor Selection Matrix Disclaimer:
The Vendor Selection Matrix™ is a primarily survey-based methodology for vendor benchmarking. Research In Action GmbH does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only top-rated vendors. The information contained in this research has been obtained from both company sources and vendors believed to be reliable. Research In Action GmbH research publications consist of analysts’ opinions and should not be relied upon as statements of fact. Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. Research In Action GmbH disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All trademarks are acknowledged as the property of the respective companies.
Action Research GmbH
Dr. Thomas Mendel Ph.D.
Telephone: +49 160 99492223
Email: [email protected]
The Internet: www.researchinaction.eu
About Action Research:
Research In Action GmbH is a leading independent research and consulting company in the field of information and communication technology. The company provides both forward-looking and practical advice to businesses and suppliers.
This press release was published on openPR.